Sculptures

St. Nicolas of Tolentino

The copy of Jan Bedřich Kohl’s original from 1708

Enlarge Image

The figure of the saint friar, whose benefaction to the poor is represented in the statuary by an angel with basketful of bread. Behind this statue an entrance to two-ply Gothic Revival stairs connecting the Charles Bridge with the Kampa island is situated. It was built in 1844 in the place of some older stairs from 1785 according to the design of the architect Josef Kranner.