Sculptures

St. Ludmila

The copy of the statue from the Mathias Braun’s workshop from the period after 1720

Enlarge Image

The statue was transported to the Bridge after 1784, when the statue of St. Wenceslas fell in to the water having been standing in this place since the 90s. St. Ludmila as a princess/duchess teaches little Wenceslas to read the Bible. She holds a veil as the symbol of her death by strangulation. The plinth shows the relief of the murder of St. Wenceslas.